Friday, February 17, 2006

Start of a New Driving Experience... in Houston

30th January 2006… Monday… was my first day driving myself to work. I was kinda of nervous and not confident. Hence my most reliable bf sat besides me and I drove him to work and dropped him off before I drive to my client place. Thank God his client place is near my client place. I feel empowered being able to drive myself to work and the thought of I can go anywhere I want made me feel somewhat independent. . (just that I may not be brave enough to drive alone, hahaha). That evening, I drove to Supermarket to buy something before picking Bf to go home and cook dinner. Hahaha… and I got honked by people for too slow to react when the light is green.. Who says Americans are nicer and don’t honk… erhemm…. Though people are generally nicer than Singaporeans who like to use their horns more often… I used to hear that people in America will give way to you and don’t honk one leh… Well there sure are some nice ones around… but not as good as I have thought it would be…

I think I am getting better and more confident at my driving as I drive more. On the 2nd day I drove Bf and myself to work.. Sigh.. I think I feel safer and more at ease with someone sitting next to me… It is kinda of lonely to drive alone without passenger. But parking is a nightmare.. I take about 10 mins or more just to park the car. It is kinda of tiring to drive too…. Mixed feelings…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home