Thursday, March 02, 2006

My poor hands...

My hands has been peeling, cracking, itching and it has been painful. I have been 2 months plus in Houston and my hands have been like that for a month plus. I have tried. I applied Body Shop HEMP oil specially for cracked hands. It is almost finished in a week with no results. Next i tried crabtree and evenlyn Hand therapy. It helped a bit but i have to carry it with me everywhere and applied many times a day. Still it does not get better. I think it has to do with the weather.. maybe is too dry and i am used to the humidity in Singapore.

Finally decided to see a doctor. K recommended that i see a dermatologist, a skin specialist and he suspected that it might be cold sores. And with the medical insurance i paid 20 bucks for consultation and of course the rest of medicine for a whopping 78 dollars!! The doctor seems like a nice old lady. She said water is my main problem. Her advice is to avoid water and have a 5 mins shower?!?!?! How to have a shower within 5 mins?! I will trrryyyyy... but dun think i can make it that quick. And i am not supposed to wash my hands with water but the Cetaphil gel (the kind that need no rinsing). And i am to go back a week later for another appointment.

Hope by that time my hands have healed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home