Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am back!

Well have been MIA for a while cos I have had a second busy season in April - May. The client was terrible, incompetent and simply messy. I was on the project for almost 2 months but it seemed forever. Worked days and night and even both days on weekends... it was insane!!!

Fortunately got my vacations booked way in advance so can siam a bit. Went to Costa Rica for the Memorial Weekend. Costa Rica is a beautiful place, not the city, but the National Park. First time ever saw an active volcano so close and the red hot molten lava toppling down the sides at night was super cool. Saw interesting animals like different kind of birds, 2 types of monkeys, sloths, a lot of iguanas, bats, etc... I am not fond of birds as you can recall... but toucans are pretty though and there is one bird that i saw (from the ultra strong bino of the guide of course!) which is black and red, it looked cute though... but still I am still very much an anti-bird person especially Big, Black Birds, like ravens, crows, pigeons and Turkeys! The Ticos (Costa Ricans) are generally friendly people. Didn't do a lot, mostly just chilled... Zip-line is fun like I am Jane of the jungle... hahaha! more like monkey maybe... ;P

Went back to the insane Job for a week, to be exact it is 3 days but seemed like longer than a week (yes it is that bad). Finally client surrendered. They have to clean up their act before we can come in again. And heng heng, got another week of vacation booked. This time off to a Cruise.

Never been on a Cruise before. We went to Caribbean but found no Jack Sparrow sadly... hahaha... Well it was a bit boring on the Ship with nothing to do especially we don't drink, not gamblers, not party-goers. Anyway any other drinks other than lemonade, apple juice, ice tea, all require money. Being a GKN, we sticked to the free drinks. Americans are good sport as they enthusiastically participate in all of the games. And you have food to eat 24hrs a day. And dinner was always the highlight. Not buffet style, but ala carte restaurant style. Dinner was always good. :)

Shore excursions were the most exciting part of the trip. I thought Jamaica would be an exotic place, much to my disappointment, it was not that great. Didn't score on my impression at all and would not recommend to anyone. It was one shore excursion that we could not wait to get back to the Ship. And the most irritating thing is "No problem, there is no problem here, only situations." WTH. Please... excooses. The thing i see in their eyes are "$". To me, a very much tourist trap that leaves a bad lingering taste in your mouth.

Grand Caymans on the other hand, was awesomely beautiful. Loved it so much that I would like to spend a little longer time if I could. The beach gorgeous (but you would probably find as good as a beach in Thailand or Malaysia), waters are so clear and due to good geographical location, the beach is calm and good for swimming in. You can see good coral reefs and fishes when you snorkel and we went to the stingray sandbar which is pretty cool. An interesting and educational trip, totally get my value worth.

The next port of call was Cozumel, we did the trip to Mayan ruins at Tulum. It was an interesting and educational tour and our guide was superb! He is so knowledgeable and you could see his passion that he wants to share with us all the history of the place. I am so willing to tip him after that. The ruins are next to a beach and the beach is pretty too with clear waters as well but the waves too big to go swimming in.

It was good and I am ready to come home by the end of the trip. The first week (this week) back to work, is good and have my time to do my own thing. Next week off to Lafayette, Louisiana for a project... Don't have the details yet but hopefully not too siong.

And one more thing, The One is coming home today! I am so happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home